The Bonding

In December 2014, I got transferred to Bhopal. There is a colony Fortune Glory where I am staying at present but on that time I was newly shifted in this colony. That was my first morning and I was having Tea in my balcony. Suddenly I saw a man and a child coming from colony’s main gate. They were in sporty uniform and coming from playground. They both were caching my attention not because of there sporty cloths but because of their behavior. Their walk, their talk, their comfort label and especially their bonding were making me amazed. They were my neighbor Mr. Sanjeev Sharma and his son Rohit.

We both wished to each other and after having some formal conversation, I asked “Is he your son?”

He replied “yes he is my ‘Dost cum Beta’ Rohit”

I smiled and said “Ohh!! Dost Cum Beta, Nice”

“And he is my ‘Friend cum Father’..Papa” rohit said

There was a big LOL in between us on that time.

Next day was Sunday and every Sunday all colony persons organized a cricket match. So Mr Shamra asked to me as well for playing in that. Anybody ask me for cricket and I say no that is never possible thing. So I agreed instant and fixed the time.

Next day rohit knocked my door at 6 am and 6:30 we were at playground. Mr. Sharma gave my formal introduction to all members. Teams had to be divided before play as it was the basic. So I and Mr. Sharma got same team and rohit went in oppositions. After some time we all were ready to play.
When first batsman got out, rohit took his place. Mr. Sharma was behind the wicket as a wicket keeper.

Rohit came in crease and said to Mr. Sharm “Dad, aaj to fifty pakki”

Mr. Sharma Replied “Lets see bachchu, you are playing against me”

I was in slip position and listening there little conversation. Really what a funny moment that was.
When rohit was playing on 19, a boll went in Mr. Sharma’s globs by touching rohit’s bat. It was miner touch where bowler didn’t feel that. Rohit was out, but he turned and winked to his dad and Mr. Sharma winked to me. We both smiled and kept that secret to us only. After the match rohit was Man of The Match as he scored 56 not out.

I went to Mr. Sharma and said “So Rohit is todays Man of the Match.”

He smiled, winked again and than asked “you know why I did that?”

I said “Yes, because you wanted to look your son happy”

He replied “No, you didn’t get.., yes I wanted to look my son happy but more than that I wanted to achieve his faith in me. Now he can believe and share his all secrets with me because he has faith”

I was really surprised by his answer. The bonding of those two had taught me a lot.

As a parent Mr. Sharma is my ideal and I respect him but when I knew that he is the only parent of his child, I salute him.

He is really a Buddy Parent.

‘       
         

Comments

  1. Such a heart-warming story! Thanks for sharing, Jitendra!

    Here's my take on the prompt, give it a read please. :)

    https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=493916

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ragini..Thank you for appreciation :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तुम मुस्कुराती हो तो..

ख़ामोशी भी बोलती है...

जल्दी सूरज निकलेगा....